Aim and Activity:
CHy is a Commission of the Swiss Academy of Sciences. In this context, particular consideration is given to activities with a focus on "early recognition of important social issues", "ethics in science" and "dialogue between science and society".
Specific aims and activities are:
- Promotion of academic and practical formation
- Promotion of fundamental and applied research
- Organisation of conferences, seminars and symposia
- Fostering of collaboration with international technical and scientific organisations as:
- International Association of Hydrogical Sciences (IAHS)
- International Commission for the Hydrology of the Rhine basin (CHR)
- International governmental organisations (WMO, UNESCO)
CHy is the Swiss National Committee of IAHS.
Member of CHy is the National Representative of IAHS.
Member of CHy is member of Swiss National Committee of IUGG.