History of CHy
Important events in the History of the Swiss Hydrological Commission
24 August 1863: Foundation of the “Hydrometric Commission” of the Swiss Association of the Natural Sciences.
1866: Transformation into “Hydrometric Central Office”.
1872: Integration into the Federal Administration: “Federal Hydrometric Central Office”.
1907: Fusion of the “Limnological Commission” (founded in 1887) and the ”River Commission” (founded in 1893) into the “Hydrological Commission" of the Swiss Association of the Natural Sciences.
1915: Liquidation of the Hydrological Commission due to the fact “that the Water Resources Management Division of the Federal Administration took over all activities of the Hydrological Commission”
4 December 1947: In order to establish a Swiss National Committee to represent Switzerland at the first Assembly of IAHS after World War II in 1948, the “Hydrological Commission” of the Swiss Association of the Natural Sciences was founded again.
1992-1998: The “Hydrological Commission” is renamed into ”Hydrological Committee” of the new Swiss Association for Hydrology and Limnology.
8 May 1998: The Swiss Academy of Sciences establishes the independent “Swiss Hydrological Commission CHy”
- Bundesratsbeschluss 1863 zur Einsetzung eines hydrologischen Messnetzes
- 125 Jahre Hydrometrie in der Schweiz von Charles Emmenegger, 1988
- Vortrag 150 Jahre Hydrometrie in der Schweiz von Beat Sigrist, 2013
- The history of the Commission of Hydrology
- Beitrag zur Geschichte der Gewässerforschung in der Schweiz von Peter Perret, 2001